Monday, February 10, 2014

A Surprising Beginning

 
   Donnie called me the night he got my number. We ended up talking till...1:30 am, then 4:30 am the next day. We decided to meet up and go to the lake.

                                 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

   December 3rd 2013 (Tuesday)

   Donnie and I had such an amazing time! After class got out, I took the bus over to his work, go in his truck (where he had a pillow and blanket waiting for me) and got in. I waited for him to get off work so we could get our "hang out" started. Usually when one sleeps the time goes by so quickly, so I tried doing just that. Yep...that didn't work! I was too nervous...or maybe just too excited?

   He got off work and headed over to the truck. We said our hello's, had a bathroom break, and we were on our way to Ellis Lake!
 
  We walked a couple laps, all the while talking. I was walking on his right side (like I always do when I walk with someone). After about a lap and a half of laughing, star gazing, and having the time of my life, I reached over and put my arm around his,  think I must have used the "Brr it's cold out here" excuse during that moment. My Hunny did not think it was weird at all. He looked down at me with those handsome, brown eyes of his and smiled.

   Neither one of us had had any dinner so we hopped in the truck and headed for Chili's.

  After a delicious meal, we went down to Loma Rica to look at the Christmas light display they had there. There was an arm rest between us and I said, "Do you always have this down?"

  "No, not always. Want me to move it?" He said as he put it up. He then suggested I sit over there if I wanted....and you know what I was thinking at that time?? Mission Accomplished! That's the way to go, leave the man hints here and there and hope he's smart enough to pick them up! So I scooted my booty over to the seat beside him.

  It was still a pleasant drive :D It was somewhat of a bumpy road and him being silly by driving the truck side to side (like a drunk person would do). I kept bumping into him and our skin (arms) kept touching. I teased him about him doing that on purpose so I would bump into him, and of course he admitted that that was his intention all along.

  It was 10ish when we got there and the lights were already off. Oh well, the ride was well worth it. Instead of turning around we decided to continue down that road and exit that way. We got to a part where there was a drop (like a roller coaster has), he stopped the car for a minute and we watched the city lights from up there. We looked at each other and oh man, I wanted him to kiss me so much...but at the same time I didn't know if I was ready to move on or not. This was supposed to be a friendly get together, not a date... He looked like he was thinking about that but wasn't sure whether to go for it or not. He didn't. Several times during the ride back he looked at me with those...capturing eyes.

  We were on the second stop sign to turn on my street, when he looked at me, the clock, and decided to turn right instead of left. There was a river there where he told me he and his buddies sometimes fished. I knew of it, because I had rode my bike down that way. He couldn't believe that I lived so close all this time. We had time to waste and so we went down that road, turned around and headed back. He stopped at the stop sign and once again looked at me (lots of "looking" happened that day, it builds a connection I think). He leaned closer. I leaned closer. He leaned a little bit more. I leaned a little bit more. Our wet lips touched. Tenderly we kissed. It was a soft, sweet kiss. Not a crazy make-out one, but a slow, soft kiss.

  He looked up and said "Wow, I didn't expect you to kiss like that. That was amazing. I thought, don't take offense, that someone your age would kiss....differently. That kiss was...."

  "Sweet, amazing...." I whispered.

  "Exactly." he agreed.

  We kissed a couple more times and before we both knew it...we made it to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment