Thursday, May 8, 2014

An Old Town Sacramento Adventure!

   Yesterday I went to do an ECERS (a critique of a preschool) at the preschool by my college. Donnie came to pick me up and we actually ended up looking at the yard sale the college was having. One of the buildings was shutting down and they were getting rid of their tables, chairs, bookshelves, and cabinets. We found a bookshelf that I wanted to put in the kids' room and he found a cabinet-thing to put in his barn for his tools. Oh he was soo excited! "It's like Christmas! he kept saying. And he truly acted like a boy on Christmas day :D

  Donnie called his little brother and friend to come help and bring their truck too. We loaded one piece of furniture on theirs and the other on our truck. We got home and unloaded the tool-cabinet into his barn and the shelf by the front porch. We spent a couple hours at home. Then headed up to Sac.

  We walked around Downtown Sac for a bit and when I saw Christmas store, I absolutely insisted on going in! It was so awesome! I love Christmas with every ounce of me. There was even Christmas music and Donnie commented on how the people that work in there must get tired of it, and I told him that I would love to work in that store! Christmas every day!! Whoop whoop! I was even more excited when I saw that they had icicle lights hanging from a tree in there and lit up trees... Why was I so excited?? Because I want those for our wedding that's why...not that it's official, but we talked about it. Then we looked at the snow globes and Donnie really liked the ice skating snowman one. He said we could get one and to pick one...so I picked the snowman one :D Donnie says I only picked it because it was the one he liked...I'll never tell! ;)



 Now it was dinner time...the plan was to go to The Firehouse, since it was a restaurant in which neither one of us have been in and therefore we could make new memories. Well as it turns out, and as I have mentioned quite a few times, it was a fancy restaurant, even had valet parking. So we decided not to go there that time, instead we ate at the mall. Next time we'll just take a change of dress up clothes with us.

   Hahaha, it was so much "fun" trying to find a parking spot....no I'm just being sarcastic here -_-
Either his truck was too tall to fit in one of the garages or, the only garage big enough, closed at 9. We had planned to see a movie at 7 and didn't want to be rushed or have his truck trapped in the garage and us be stranded (which might not have been a bad thing ;) ). We ended up parking at one of those 2 hour parking spots, after figuring out that we only had to pay until 8 pm and then it'd be free. That was cool.

    After we ate, we went to the theater and watched The Amazing Spiderman 2. It ended around 9:30ish and we left for home.

  Had to walk through a tunnel to get to our truck though....and decided to take a picture since we hadn't taken any all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment